Wednesday 21 March 2012

Everybody Jitterbug!

1950's Poodle Skirt Bear...with a Scottish terrier on her skirt.  It was easier to sew, okay?!

Can you resist that face?!  Why yes, I would like to split a soda!

Aaaah, the 50's, when a milkshake cost a penny, there were great tunes on the juke box, slouchy socks were a no-no and "darn" was a horrendous swear word (HA!).  I can't say I know too much about this era except for the superficial stuff, but I do think poodle skirts are kinda cute and wanted to make a bear wearing one.  Her face...it turned out even cuter than I had intended!  I just want to hug her!!!
My friend needed me to loan her some of my clothes that were "hippie" like.  I found a few things but the 60's fashions are not really my cup of tea so she'll have to make do with what I could find.  I guess I'm not into looking like a filthy hippie?  When I asked her about it, she said it was for a film class, and she is playing a hippie hitchhiker.  Because...all hippies are hitchikers?
Either way, when I have time I want to make a hippie bunny!  I think the long droopy ear style will emulate the shaggy unkempt hair of the average Woodstock attendee.

Stay cute, Cuties!


No comments:

Post a Comment