Wednesday 14 March 2012

Not Crochet, But Still Cute!

Calgary is not famous for its brilliant ideal summers.  It's not even spring yet, and I am already not looking forward to what might be in store.  We're completely landlocked so there are no gorgeous beaches, it either gets way too hot or not hot enough...either way, any day I'm off from work or have outdoor plans, it pours with rain and it has been known to snow or hail golf balls.  Mother Nature...she is not kind.



Pictured: Summer 
Also pictured: Alternate Summer
ANYWAY!  I have a little grey crazy fuzzy bear just dying to have his picture taken, but first I wanted to share this picture with you.  
Beach Babe.  I want her fabulous hat!

I have a wonderful tablet and a crappy computer, which makes using Photoshop a frustrating and arduous task.  But I finally managed to finish this picture, and 8.5" x 11" prints have been ordered and will be ready by Friday and then up for sale in my Etsy shop (or, if you're interested, you can contact me here or over on my Facebook page!)  I love crochet, and that is the main focus of this site, but I enjoy lots of different kinds of art that will also be made available to view, discuss, and mayhaps even purchase in my little corner of cuteness.
This unfairly gorgeous beauty was inspired by an idealistic summer day, with a calm blue sea and a bright sky.  She's a little bit sexy but totally classy in her Marilyn-inspired retro bathing suit, and is protecting her beautiful skin and hair with a hat (a fabulous hat!) adorned with fresh tropical flowers!  You can't really see them in this picture but she has cute little freckles too.
I hope you enjoy this summer lady, even if it is only March!  Stay tuned for the photos of that adora-bear I was talking about, and no matter where you are or what the weather, just remember to keep smiling and stay cute!!!



Much Love!

No comments:

Post a Comment